Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Don't Know How to Sell

"I don't know how to sell!" I can almost hear you say that.

Well, nobody does at the start. We all have to learn how to sell. So, if you think you don't know how to sell, that's a good place to start. We all start there--admitting that "I don't know how to sell." But it is a must to have the desire to. If you are jobless or wanna quit your job and be your own boss (and are really serious about this), you've got to learn how to sell--unless you are about to inherit a million dollars and don't have to earn a living and live happily ever after like that. But if not, believe me--you have got to sell something to survive.

For most of us (who are not inheritors), we have to do something to survive. Sell something. How? Well, just do it. I can share here a thousand and one sales tips but frankly, it all boils down to you selling something. Just start selling, and the rest would just fall into place. You'd learn along the way. I may tell you good sales tips but if you don't go out there and sell, you'd just be an informed bum. But if you start selling and keep selling, you'd learn the tips by experience first hand, by yourself, and that will make you a master salesman. Nothing like learning something yourself.

What I can suggest is that you have to hone good character in you. You cannot be in sales and be snobbish or unfriendly orunapprochable. You have to learn how to be a Mr. Nice Guy a bit. Just a bit. Being too nice wouldn't bring in sales either. You have to be shrewdly nice. You get what I mean?

Simpler put, just use your common sense. Using your common sense makes you nice and smart and honest. And that should make you lots of good sales, even repeat sales, and lots of money. I cannot overemphasize honesty. I've seen a lot of liars make big money in sales, but they lost more through the customers they lost--and the loss of their souls. So, you tell me, "I don't know how to sell"? Just find something worthy to sell and be nice and smart and honest selling it.

Take Me, for instance. I'm not a real estate agent, I'd never made a sales in real estate all my life before this caller called me up. I don't know anything about selling properties or houses. I told myself, "I don't know how to sell!" But I wanted to make money--I badly needed money. I prayed and then asked a realtor friend if I could sell some of her properties. She said sure. So I put one property on my website and promoted it. I posted photos and details. I prayed again. Then, one day (about 4 days after) while in the comfort room, the phone rang. My heart pounded wildly--could it be that....?

To make this short, the caller bought the property and I made P40,000. That was last year. I didn't know how to sell properties, but I was able to. I didn't know or apply any special selling technique except display the property on my website, which anyone can do. I also sold a car doing the same even if I didn't know anything about cars or how to sell cars.

Don't be tied up to your inability to sell, always telling yourself, "I don't know how to sell." Just sell. Just do it. So what if you don't know how. Ask someone's help. Ask for referrals--who's likely to buy your product. Go ask around.

Selling is like walking. Nobody was born already able to walk.You've got to try it, fall and hurt yourself, but you've got to try it any which way. Then later, you learn how and much later do it very naturally. The same with selling.

So go sell something.

No comments:

Post a Comment