Monday, November 4, 2013

How about a Drawing Business?

I did it for a while in college. I drew for other students for a fee, and it worked. It gave me big money which I spent for books, food, and small pleasure trips. If you can draw well, why not try it out as a business. And the availability of the Internet can help you do your drawing business online and sell to the world!

Sometimes, we look for livelihood elsewhere and not realize that God has always provided for it at the tips of our fingers. All we need to do is grab a paper and pen and do it. Perhaps, you've been doing a job for years now and are dragging yourself each morning to it, although the passion in your heart is something else--like painting, drawing, or photography. And because of the silly job you're wasting your time on, you have no more time for your heart passion. Think about it. Your true potential may be waiting for you once you quit your job and go full time on your drawing skill, and make a business of it!

Why didn't I keep up with my small drawing business in college? Well, I was too engrossed with books and writing that I forgot about making a living with my drawing business. I discovered late in life that my true love were books and writing. My job blinded me into thinking I was carved out for employment. Anyway, I still did some of it after college, drafting house and building plans for people who needed them for building their new houses or business buildings. I made a good deal of money.

If you have this knack for drawing, keep at it until you attain a measure of good skill. If you are a student and your fellow students ask your help with their drawing projects, be practical about it and start charging them. You may draw for free in your grade school days, but in high school and college? And especially if you are in bad need of cash? Why not sell your skill? As the saying goes--nothing today is for free.

You may start out by advertising your skill online. Put up an online ad offering your drawing skill for a cost. Students may have need for your skills, especially those who lack the talent but badly need to produce quality drawings for their school projects. There are also students in groups who need good quality drawings for their thesis. Yes, they can easily get drawings online on Google images, but there are also certain requirements where manual drawing is required, like drawing the face of a person.

Fashion often needs drawing skills to layout styles in clothes or a hair dress. These things need imagination to be drawn on paper and cannot be simply derived from Google images. Better yet, why not be in the fashion business if you are a good drawer who also loves hair styles or clothes or shoes? If you have these qualities, you don't need to look for a job. Develop your skills, tie them up with your hobby, and market them all! Be jobless big-time! For more exclusive tips on this, get your FREE subscription by filling out the Contact Form.

In the meantime, watch this girl who developed her drawing skills into a lucrative business!

No comments:

Post a Comment